ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Programming Language Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
Just wondering what Skwire uses in addition to Auto Hotkey.-nkormanik (April 16, 2018, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

At a job, many moons ago, I wrote in C and Java.  However, all the applications on my website are all AutoHotkey-based.

nkormanik:
Thanks for the insights, folks.

In my case, I work alone, and come across challenges trying to accomplish this or that.  I search the Internet to see if someone else has solved the conundrum, or I visit Donationcoder.com and spell out the objective, which is generally met with a mini-program solution, surprisingly quickly.

But I feel I should be solving these myself.

Sort of raises a question, though:  Seems zillions of small programs out there, more all the time, to accomplish nearly anything.  Does one really have to learn to do it oneself?

x16wda:
Does one really have to learn to do it oneself?
-nkormanik (April 17, 2018, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Depends on how much fun you want to have!  ;D

nkormanik:
Well, let's assume one wants to simply get the job done as expeditiously and efficiently as possible, with the best today's programming languages can offer.

Would be great if there were one universal programming language that could pretty much do all things.

wraith808:
Well, let's assume one wants to simply get the job done as expeditiously and efficiently as possible, with the best today's programming languages can offer.

Would be great if there were one universal programming language that could pretty much do all things.

-nkormanik (April 18, 2018, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that's the beauty of programming/scripting language.  Each has it's own strength within it's realms, and weaknesses without.  Any language designed for all problems would end up being truly good at none of them.  Pick the best language for the job, no matter what it is, and you'll have a better time than picking second best, even if it might get the job done.  In the end, they're all tools, and just as a carpenter doesn't limit himself to one tool out of his toolbox for all tasks, neither should programming languages be viewed in such a way.

As far as your question above as to whether you have to learn and feeling that you should be solving the problem yourself- if that's your desire, learn.  But you don't have to.  Most don't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version