ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good, Free Desktop RSS Editor

(1/2) > >>

BGM:
We have a local LAN website and I keep an RSS Feed there for some technical news.
It is a bit painful to edit those feed.xml files manually, so I use a program called RSS Builder.
Problem is that it is ancient, has no Recent Menu, no drag-n-drop, etc, and no updates for 10 years.

So I would love to find a good alternative.  Free is important.
I've tried all the free ones I can find via websearch and like RSS Builder the best of all, but I still don't like even that one.
Now, I would make my own, but I don't have the time.
Ideas, anyone?

BGM:
Maybe nobody here maintains an rss feed?

wraith808:
Apparently not. My feeds are automagically generated. 

I did plug RSS Builder into Alternativeto.net, i.e. https://alternativeto.net/software/rss-builder/

There was only one alternative: Feed Launch .NET.  It is open source, so could be enhanced; it's had no attention since 2013.  It looks pretty basic, but without knowing what you liked or didn't like about RSS Builder, I can't say if it will benefit you.

wraith808:
I downloaded the source, removed the intro form, and updated it to .NET 4, and built it.  I don't think it's enough of a change to warrant making a new repo, but if you want changes, I can try to get to them, and create a new repo (I refuse to use sourceforge).  It uses pretty dated, if functional, technologies and programming.

BGM:
Thanks for the lead!  I'll try it out.  Actually, if I had the source for RSS Builder, I would fix it myself.  But I'll try this one out and let you know what I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version