ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Double error

(1/2) > >>

rjbull:
I just had a BSOD when CHS's main window was open.  On rebooting and trying to restart CHS, I got this error:

---------------------------
Error..
Error EX4 for db file C:\NoInst\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database/ClipboardHelpAndSpell : DBISAM Engine Error # 8961 Header information corrupt in the table 'ClipTable'
OK   

Clicked OK, then got this:

Clipboard Help+Spell
DBISAM Engine Error # 8961 Header information corrupt in the table 'ClipTable'
OK   

CHS is set as Trusted in the firewall (ZoneAlarm Free).  Is there any way back from this corruption, please?

mouser:
There is a repair function. Go to options, then Backup/Maintenance tab, click "Verify,Repair.." button.
Then restart.

There is also a "Restore Database Backup" button if that fails; CHS keeps backups automatically.

rjbull:
Neither worked...  I clicked OK to the errors, then loaded CHS main window.  When I tried either, I got this:
Double error
Same thing happened even when I went File > Exit, and I had to force-kill the program.  I then tried re-unzipping the archive over the top of the existing installation (it's installed as portable); no change.  However, I eventually 'solved' the problem by clearing out the database subdirectory completely and re-starting CHS, so it would start from scratch, then restoring from the most recent backup.  It now appears OK.  I lost the last few clips, but nothing vital, and CHS is now back in business here.

I (now) have the following backup options:
Double error
As I have Backup on Program Start checked, isn't Backup All Data Every X Days somewhat redundant?

BTW, when replying using either Quick-Reply or Quote, neither appears to offer a means of attaching an image (or other file). I had to use Reply, which doesn't include quotes.  Is that by design?

Ath:
BTW, when replying using either Quick-Reply or Quote, neither appears to offer a means of attaching an image (or other file). I had to use Reply, which doesn't include quotes.  Is that by design?
-rjbull (April 09, 2018, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can use Quote first, then click Preview to further edit your reply and add attachments as desired.

rjbull:
-rjbull (April 09, 2018, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can use Quote first, then click Preview to further edit your reply and add attachments as desired.
-Ath (April 09, 2018, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks!  Though I'd rather it were a one-step process, like (I think) it used to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version