ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Backup Software recommendations 2018?

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
Looking for 2018 recommendations (for someone else**) for backup software -- by that I mean software that can do:

* versioning
* zip the backed up files
* do scheduled backups
* ideally one that can monitor important folders for changes
* ideally one that can do partial file backup (block level / delta)
* I suppose ability to somehow backup online is important these days
** The user is not basic, but I was slow to recommend Syncovery, what I use, because of it being quite complicated at times (I find). But maybe the good ones have to be complicated?

cranioscopical:
What about Bvckup?

(See the software draw info too.)

tomos:
What about Bvckup?
-cranioscopical (April 04, 2018, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
just synchronises AFAIK (no versioning), but will check

(See the software draw info too.)
-cranioscopical (April 04, 2018, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
will do, thanks!

mouser:
Are you sure you don't want an online backup service?  Not only does it do most of what you want, and the user doesn't have to worry about managing "where" the files are stored; and you don't have to worry about an hd crash losing then.

There are a handful of top online backup services.. We've been discussing many of them here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=44235.0

Carbonite, Backblaze, SpiderOak (which I use)

tomos:
Are you sure you don't want an online backup service?  Not only does it do most of what you want, and the user doesn't have to worry about managing "where" the files are stored; and you don't have to worry about an hd crash losing then.
-mouser (April 04, 2018, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
will suggest:
they do do some work with very large files (GIS). But then most good online-backup will do block level backup (or whatever you want to call it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version