ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

A script/trick/code for skipping the Windows lock-screen BUT not disabling it!

<< < (4/4)

Techno Grub:
I think that if the keypress can be made so that it appears to come from the keyboard buffer then it'll work, (SendKeys uses Windows messages from what I understand).
-4wd (April 07, 2018, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's been a while, but I must ask you guys again if there was some relatively simple solution to this?

4wd:
I think that if the keypress can be made so that it appears to come from the keyboard buffer then it'll work, (SendKeys uses Windows messages from what I understand).
--- End quote ---

It's been a while, but I must ask you guys again if there was some relatively simple solution to this?
-Techno Grub (April 28, 2018, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not from me atm, was looking at possibly using Interception to hook into the IO but unfortunately it's geared to not inject keystrokes until one has been received, (why I asked what type of keyboard, so I could set the appropriate variables).

Here's an old Dr Dobbs article about Controlling the Keyboard Buffer from 1990, no idea if it's workable today ... me and C don't get along without a fight.

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-Techno Grub (April 28, 2018, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think that without someone writing something, there will be a relatively simple solution to this problem.  It pretty much goes against what the windows protection screen is intended to do, i.e. force the user to interact in order to get to the login.  This issue with the lock screen is real, but just not resolved.

A post from Zachd from Microsoft
Howdy!  I wrote this code.  You mentioned that the Slideshow always "starts with" the last selected image under Lock Screen -> Background -> Picture.  That is incorrect.  Instead, please understand that the Lock Screen -> Background -> Picture image is shown until the Slideshow itself is ready to start.

This is a feature of the slideshow and how it works.  It is impossible to not have it work this way.  I understand what you're going for here, but -- that is not how it works.  We try to optimize as much as we can, but until the Lock Screen Slideshow has loaded things up and is ready to go we display the selected Picture.  Otherwise you'd be seeing nothing at all for that duration, and that's no fun. :)

Cheers!

Windows development team
Speaking for myself only.

--- End quote ---

Is this when the system is locked or when you fully reboot the system?  When the system is restarted, or when a user logs out, the default picture (the cave) is used until a user logs in.

Windows development team
Speaking for myself only.

--- End quote ---

The quotes are from this thread; there might be some useful information there.

HTH

Techno Grub:
It would appear that a recent Windows 10 update fixed this "problem"

Now, when I boot up my computer by pressing the Power-button, the slide-show will begin immediately, and it also loads the Personalized Settings immediately (i.e. weather information)

So, I want to say thank you for looking into the problem, but it fixed itself.

Now, every time I power up my PC, I am greeted by a slideshow of beautiful, official box art pictures of demons from DOOM (2016). I am a happy super-nerd now, and my girlfriend is like "Ughh. That one demon is pretty cute tho."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version