ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

A script/trick/code for skipping the Windows lock-screen BUT not disabling it!

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
Just tried it with the following PoSh script but it didn't seem to work, (the script works, the GPE method didn't):

--- Code: PowerShell ---$wshell = New-Object -ComObject wscript.shell ; $wshell.SendKeys('{UP}')
Tried putting a sleep 20 in front also but still no joy.

Techno Grub:
Just tried it with the following PoSh script but it didn't seem to work, (the script works, the GPE method didn't):

--- Code: PowerShell ---$wshell = New-Object -ComObject wscript.shell ; $wshell.SendKeys('{UP}')
Tried putting a sleep 20 in front also but still no joy.
-4wd (April 03, 2018, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you people for the responses and eagerness to look into my "problem".

Forgive me for being foolish, but where exactly do I apply this piece of code/script? I know, right? Silly question.

And, does it work? It seems to have something to do with the PowerShell, which I don't know what it is, so.. What do?

Techno Grub:
Does C:\Windows\System32\Group Policy\Machine\Scripts\Startup still exist/work under W10?

Might be able to just put a script in there that sends a [Up Arrow] when the machine is at logon screen.

What I was using back in this thread.
-4wd (April 03, 2018, 08:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

It would appear that Windows/System32/Group Policy is an empty folder, so no Machine/Scripts/Startup is found, unfortunately.

skwire:
And, does it work? It seems to have something to do with the PowerShell, which I don't know what it is, so.. What do?-Techno Grub (April 05, 2018, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to 4wd, it didn't work on his setup.  It's been a hectic week for me but I'm still trying to find time to try some potential solutions.

4wd:
It would appear that Windows/System32/Group Policy is an empty folder, so no Machine/Scripts/Startup is found, unfortunately.-Techno Grub (April 05, 2018, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The directory structure is created when an entry is input via Group Policy Editor.  Group Policy directory is read-only by default anyway.

You just need to go to the appropriate entry in the editor and select a cmd/PowerShell file from anywhere, it doesn't need to reside in Windows/System32/Group Policy/Machine/Scripts/Startup ... but I couldn't get it to run.

It's been a hectic week for me but I'm still trying to find time to try some potential solutions.-skwire (April 05, 2018, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tried using Task Scheduler set as Run at startup both as myself with highest privileges and as LOCAL SERVICE with highest privileges, still didn't do anything.  Not even attempted according to the task history.

I'll try it later today with it also writing a marker file with the time inside just so I can see if it runs at all in either situation.

ADDENDUM: OK, got it to run at startup and according to the Task History it ran while the Lock Screen was being displayed but it didn't interact with the screen.
The task was apparently started 20 seconds after the Lock Screen appeared and I also had a 20 second delay, Task shows as completing successfully.
Task was set to SYSTEM user.

Now have to try specifically directing the keypress to the winlogon.exe process, might need to do this in AHK/AutoIT/etc as a compiled program.

Was testing this on my laptop and forgot to turn off Start the task only if the computer is on AC power for initial test ...  :-[

Following ran but didn't interact either:

--- Code: PowerShell ---(New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell).AppActivate((get-process winlogon).MainWindowTitle)(New-Object -ComObject wscript.shell).SendKeys('{UP}')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version