ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

A script/trick/code for skipping the Windows lock-screen BUT not disabling it!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Techno Grub:
It seems my request is not as simple as I thought.. Have you tried telling the script to hit the up-arrowkey twice, perhaps?

And it can be a mouseclick too, if that makes any difference. Other keys work to swipe away the Lockscreen as well..

Anyways, I appreciate all the help guys! If a solution can be found through some magic and/or trickery, I'd be happy

4wd:
It seems my request is not as simple as I thought.. Have you tried telling the script to hit the up-arrowkey twice, perhaps?-Techno Grub (April 07, 2018, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is the Lock Screen is not designed to be interacted with using a program, I think that would kind of defeat the purpose in using it to secure Windows.

There appear to be ways around it by replacing some system files but that also compromises security.

I think that if the keypress can be made so that it appears to come from the keyboard buffer then it'll work, (SendKeys uses Windows messages from what I understand).

Techno Grub:
I think that if the keypress can be made so that it appears to come from the keyboard buffer then it'll work, (SendKeys uses Windows messages from what I understand).
-4wd (April 07, 2018, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see. So, how should I proceed in order to set this up?

Instructions&help would be greatly appreciated.

4wd:
-4wd (April 07, 2018, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see. So, how should I proceed in order to set this up?-Techno Grub (April 09, 2018, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

The program needs to be written first.

Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

Is it a PS/2 or USB keyboard, (and is there only one)?

Techno Grub:
The program needs to be written first.

Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

Is it a PS/2 or USB keyboard, (and is there only one)?
-4wd (April 10, 2018, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

An entire program has to be written? Alright.

Also, I am so sorry for a late reply. All kinds of things going on in life.

It is a desktop computer, and it is a USB keyboard, one keyboard, at least currently it's USB and I believe it will stay as such in the future.

Is this not too much of trouble for you? I was hoping there would be a low-effort solution to my problem, but apparently not!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version