ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IDEA: Need an .MPCPL file editor

<< < (4/6) > >>

4wd:
... did you want me to continue working on the application I mentioned above?-skwire (April 01, 2018, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

My vote is if you're happy to continue, go for it ... one more tool in the toolbox and all that  ;)
Maybe even an export as a Extended M3U with #EXTINF for those files with Label in the MPCPL file, (would necessitate determining the file duration in seconds though which might slow things down).

Only wanted to suggest an alternative methodology that I think would be simpler/easier to maintain in the long run.

FWIW, there is a playlist editor on SourceForge, (in Java), but I couldn't get it to run.

skwire:
My vote is if you're happy to continue, go for it ... one more tool in the toolbox and all that-4wd (April 01, 2018, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been working on it on and off today; it's just about done.  Here's a teaser screenshot:

IDEA: Need an .MPCPL file editor

4wd:
Given the rather formalised format of the MPCPL file, would it not be possible to import it into Excel, (or some other spreadsheet program), to work on it there?

Just wondering since it's kind of a multi-line CSV format, might even be easy to write a small converter program/script, (seems like it should be easy in PowerShell) to convert the MPCPL to a standard CSV and vice versa when finished manipulating it within the spreadsheet.

Would allow you to use all the pattern matching, multi-column sorting, Find/Replace, etc functions already available.

wraith808:
My vote is if you're happy to continue, go for it ... one more tool in the toolbox and all that-4wd (April 01, 2018, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been working on it on and off today; it's just about done.  Here's a teaser screenshot:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

-skwire (April 01, 2018, 09:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh. I guess what you said about having different implementations was true.  Mine didn't have the nifty up/down arrows in the right click menu, but used something similar to the steam wishlist, where you put in the position where you wanted it, and it renumbered each record.  I might still finish it as it's an interesting problem- but I already did the part that I wanted to do, i.e. parse a text file that didn't have a set format and put it into an object.

skwire:
Here's the initial release of MPCPLed:

http://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/apps/mpcpled/MPCPLed.zip

@fwdojo:  Please try this on copies of your playlists just in case you come across any bugs within my app.  Also, the app handles type, file, label, and subtitle lines.  I couldn't find a specification on the MPCPL format so, if you come across others, please let me know and I'll add support for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version