ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

New article posted about the DC Remodeling in 2018 -- server changes, cms, etc.

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Here it is, as promised.  You can read my new article on the major DC server remodeling here: https://www.donationcoder.com/archives/articles/donationcoder-2018-infrastructure-remodel

I'm not sure it's of much interest to anyone but I thought I would write everything down before I forgot it.

It has a little bit of everything: Some DC history, discussion of the options we struggled with, why certain decisions were made, some lessons learned, etc.

https://www.donationcoder.com/archives/articles/donationcoder-2018-infrastructure-remodel

rgdot:
Starting, be back in a few days  :P

Seriously though, thanks, will read with interest  :up:

wraith808:
I'm currently with LiquidWeb, and have been thinking that though I like them, I should make sure there's not a better option.  Why did you go with HiVelocity rather than LiquidWeb?  Was it just the specs for the price?

And I will say that LiquidWeb has crept up in price (though they've given incrementally more for the price).  But their new cloud servers are a very good value as I'm not going with dedicated.  The fact that you can provision them, set them up, do what you need to do, then tear them down has worked very well for me.  It's a lot like EC2, but with someone backing you up (though I still use EC2 as it has better front end tools for if I know what I'm doing at the time).

mouser:
Why did you go with HiVelocity rather than LiquidWeb?  Was it just the specs for the price?
--- End quote ---
yes.

Note that HiVelocity does not do shared hosting, only dedicated servers (and higher).

wraith808:
Why did you go with HiVelocity rather than LiquidWeb?  Was it just the specs for the price?
--- End quote ---
yes.

Note that HiVelocity does not do shared hosting, only dedicated servers (and higher).
-mouser (March 28, 2018, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I noticed that after the fact... I used to have a dedicated server.  But after I got hit by ransomware in December because of a flaw in the RDP implementation, I dropped down to my one linux server, getting rid of both of my Windows servers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version