ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thread on 3d Printing Cody Model

<< < (13/21) > >>

mouser:
And then we have to figure out what awards to make and who gets them.. It won't cost much to print or ship these, but will take quite a few hours to print each one.  If they are to be painted, much more work involved.
We could offer them as alternatives to NANY mugs.. But maybe their best use would be as special awards for long time dc forum members who have made thousands of posts, or forum moderators.  Or big shot donors :)
They can be customized with username, date of joining, etc, etc..

mouser:
Nudone did such a great job with the baby cody model, I still can't get over it.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

ayryq:
I will soon try painting one of the baby codys.
-mouser (March 30, 2018, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

You should try acetone-fuming with one of the codys. It smooths out all the ridges and makes it much easier to paint. Lots of info online; I did it with a widemouth mason jar on my heated bed and a little lower-able platform made of stiff electrical wire.

Edit: this is for ABS. good link here: http://blog.reprap.org/2013/02/vapor-treating-abs-rp-parts.html

skwire:
Those pics remind me of chocolate Easter Bunnies so we need to find some chocolate filament (I wish) and make a Choco-Baby-Cody.  Hahahaha.    ;D

mouser:
You should try acetone-fuming
--- End quote ---
I've seen those dedicated alcohol smoothing machines (they require special fillament).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version