ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ophcrack Failed to find my password on Windows 10

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
There is a convoluted work around to enable the hidden admin account - you can then login as admin and reset local passwords on other users. I have used this method to help clients but don't want to publish the details here - though a quick google search will help ;-)

Not sure there is a solution if you use an MS account to login other than their password reset tools online.
-Carol Haynes (September 06, 2018, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is actually the reason that I switched to using MS accounts at home- there's an alternative for resetting.

Shades:
I always used the 'Offline NT Passwords & Registry editor' to reset the admin password. Still works with Windows 10. Caveat: that was one of the earlier Windows 10 builds at the time. And it didn't have any file system encryption enabled anywhere. That last bit is important, because if you have that Windows functionality enabled somewhere on the disk (or the whole disk), accessing the encrypted data will be next to impossible.

Deozaan:
Locking this topic to prevent further spam in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version