ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

request: keyboard shortcut for context menu "Explore here" (open file's folder)

(1/1)

Nod5:
Request: add a keyboard shortcut to run the context menu "Explore here" command that opens the selected file's folder in Explorer. I suggest ctrl+o as in Open. The context menu's "Explore here" works on all files including local .url files.

Background:
With AutoHotkey we can achieve this for most files by using FARR's control+C shortcut to copy a file's full path.
But that does not work on local .url files since for them FARR's ctrl+C copies the URL rather than the full path to the local file.
A non perfect workaround sends keys to open the context menu.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---;control+o to open folder for selected file in FARR#IfWinActive, ahk_exe FindAndRunRobot.exe^o::ControlGetFocus, cFocus, Aif (cFocus == "TNextGrid1"){  clipboard =  send ^c  SplitPath, clipboard, , dir  If InStr( FileExist(dir) , "D")    Run % dir  ;workaround for .url files where FARR's ctrl+C return the URL  ;limitation: the context menu briefly flashes and send keys may fail  Else If InStr(clipboard, "://")  {    send +{AppsKey}    send e  }}return#IfWinActive
edit: clarified and added workaround in the AutoHotkey script

mouser:
I suppose for your purposes you don't mind if I add a more esoteric hotkey that won't conflict with anything else (the way Ctrl+O would)... So if I make it like Ctrl+Shift+E something silly that would still be ok for your purposes?

Nod5:
I suppose for your purposes you don't mind if I add a more esoteric hotkey that won't conflict with anything else (the way Ctrl+O would)... So if I make it like Ctrl+Shift+E something silly that would still be ok for your purposes?
-mouser (March 18, 2018, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Any hotkey however weird would do just fine. I'll just remap it with AutoHotkey.

RCJacH:
Is it possible to add "open location" action to actions in Hotkeys list? So we can use Alt+#, or better a Alt+Shift+# to open location of #th item?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version