ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

[Breaking News] Prof. Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76.

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
We are rushing towards AI to easy our daily work pressure. May be we should stop and ponder
-anandcoral (March 14, 2018, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed ...(I'm totally with you and Steve)... Instead of continuously trying to find more and better ways of pushing the multitasking/information overload envelope, people really should just slow down a bit and breath. Otherwise we're just going to end up being a society full of heavily medicated 30 something burnouts.
-Stoic Joker (March 14, 2018, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are good things and bad things about any technological advancement.  Considering the ethical ramifications just should in my opinion be part of the process, rather than an afterthought.  This wouldn't require slowing down IMO, just a different way of thinking about the design process.  I think that social media is in many ways worse than anything we could ever do with AI.  The societal ramifications weren't considered- just money and connections and information.  And now, there's a morass because of that lack.

Edvard:
http://www.commitstrip.com/en/2018/03/14/goodbye-stephen-hawking/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version