ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

free online customized contact manager and call-contact log

(1/1)

Steven Avery:
Maybe using a little template to start. There are many tools that try to be your online spreadsheet and database tool. Many of them give you a limited amount for free, like 1,000 contacts. And a certain number of apps, forms or tables.

However, it might be enough. Especially if I am just talking about the contacts for a project (e.g. that Codex Sinaiticus is an 1800s Bible manuscirpt, not 300s.)

There are all the new tools, ones that have a reasonable "free".  I have a little satisfactory experience with Airtable, but I have not tried the linking you need for a contact list.

Most of these are free on their server.
Yes, I can add the urls.

Airtable
Bubble Free
Rajic
Kohezion 
MvTaskHelper
Worsksheet.Systems
ifree (integrates with google stuff)

The next three seem to consider the free version as hobby-input versions.

Podio   
Vivaris 
Kaspio

=======================

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Steven

Steven Avery:
I looked around the Window PIMs and did not see anything that looked great.  Usually they are note oriented, too free-form, or they are overly structured PIMS.  A few have tablet and/or web accessibility. They do not really think in terms of an event or call log, like you would have in Act! or GoldMine and those software choices. Those are sales-centric.

So I went into Airtable, so far it is a pleasant surprise. The field data types, linking files, are all reasonably robust and intuitive. I used a tempate for personal CRM and quickly tailored it to my needs.  More planned.  I think it will become my all-purpose PIM, personal, Bible research, business and more. You've got checkboxes, tags and all sorts of goodies, and a pleasant interface.

Next I will create the "Event" file and link it to the "Contacts" file and see how it looks.

Oh, it has all sorts of connections, to web spots, email and such, where the field can bring up the Google Doc, the Box.net place, the Gmail specific one, and stuff like that. 

This is a bit of a new genre, and I was impressed .. so far.  Active community forum, too.

On the iPad it will not let you work through the browser, so far the App looks good, although they may not duplicate the geek efforts to make structure, I have not checked that yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version