ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

StackNotes

<< < (2/2)

Shades:
I plan to add a "mail" plugin (either to send a note or a complete padfile) using BLAT CLI; i have the prototype for this, i just need to adapt the code.
-YannickDa (February 23, 2018, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just as a side note: I have always encountered issues when trying to use BLAT within a CLI environment. Then I found an alternative in CMail. This worked beautifully from the get-go. If you can get Blat to work for you, good. But if not, you don't have to spend a lot of time looking for a more than excellent alternative. 

YannickDa:
@Shades : "BLAT cli" can be a little bit confusing at first, some switches uses are "cryptic" and building a valid command line can be tedious. So, i went through the whole process step by step and had success in the end. I suspect this might have been done on purpose by the developers to avoid "Blat" beeing used by lame spammers. But i can't be sure of that.
I took a look at "CMail" : seems robust and has a lot of options too. I'm going to use "BLAT" and may add an option to use "CMail" later on...

wraith808:
@Shades : "BLAT cli" can be a little bit confusing at first, some switches uses are "cryptic" and building a valid command line can be tedious. So, i went through the whole process step by step and had success in the end. I suspect this might have been done on purpose by the developers to avoid "Blat" beeing used by lame spammers. But i can't be sure of that.
I took a look at "CMail" : seems robust and has a lot of options too. I'm going to use "BLAT" and may add an option to use "CMail" later on...
-YannickDa (February 24, 2018, 06:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

We used to use it at work, and had similar issues with BLAT, and someone at the company even made an option to use a BLAT DLL.  It seems that was adopted by the community, and they offer a way to directly use BLAT that I think was his code- not sure if it's really there as I was going by his word.  I do have a link to the latest version of his DLL if interested that he sent me when I was trying to track it down.  The reason that we moved away from it is .NET has a direct option to mail.  If the archive doesn't have it, let me know if you're interested.

YannickDa:
There was a small update for StackNotes; version is now 1.0.44.

What's new : + Added a Toolbar, capacity to manage MRU files and squashed some ugly bugs.
I'm actually working on the "Send E-mail" function, next will be multiple system-wide  hotkeys implementation,
Then "FTP upload", and finally "Reminder"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version