ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

StackNotes

(1/2) > >>

YannickDa:
Hi there, fellow coders !

I'm Yan, developer of "StackNotes".
It's a tiny, fast and reliable notebook for Windows.
Programming language is iBasic pro, entirely built upon system API and common controls.
The program is released under the BSD license and comes with the sources, project file and resources.
Still actively developed and maintained.
Hosted at SourceForge.
Current version is 1.0.4.6 as of september 2018.

StackNotesStackNotes

Project page at SourceForge
StackNotes Homepage

Feedback, comments and bug reports are welcome.

mouser:
Welcome to the site Yannick!  :Thmbsup:

IainB:
@YannickDa: Thanks for introducing yourself and StackNotes. I don't think I had come across StackNotes before - though the name sounded familiar, I didn't recollect it and couldn't find any notes I made about it, anyway.

Today I read up about and then downloaded StackNotes v1.043 via the website links you gave.
I was not too impressed until I discovered from the Help file that it has some very interesting/useful and synergistic plugins:

* Encryption / Decryption - StackNotes now supports the highly secured AES encryption algorythm through the use of a third-party command-line program called "AESCrypt". You can now easily secure your padfiles and take 'em everywhere with you (e.g. USB stick) without the risk of beeing robbed of sensitive information. Just be sure to not forget any password you use to encrypt your documents because there is no mean to recover an encrypted file without the corresponding password. You've been warned. Also, take the time to visit the "AESCrypt" homepage to learn more on this open source project. Last word : if you work with very sensitive information, consider the fact to use dedicated software to wipe the free space on your drive to prevent file recovery.
* Screen Loupe - a screen magnifyer.
* Recorder -  allows you to record the output from your sound card to a WAV file, then convert it to the MP3 format using the "LAME" command line tool (freeware).
* Snapshot - allows you to capture your desktop, a program's window or a control inside a window to a bitmap (BMP file format).
* Password Generator - produces base64 passwords.
* Contacts - a basic contacts manager.
--- End quote ---

The [open source] AESCrypt and the other plugins make StackNotes a potentially very useful toolset, and so I am trialling it in earnest now.
Thanks again.

nogojoe:
Hi there, fellow coders !

I'm Yan, developer of "StackNotes".
It's a tiny, fast and reliable notebook for Windows.
Programming language is iBasic pro, entirely built upon system API and common controls

-YannickDa (February 17, 2018, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Yan
Handy little program   The only problem I find I cannot directly paste from my clipboard program (I have tried two programs). You have to do a ctrl-v.  or right click-paste to enter data.
Other than that it seems quite handy and quick .
nogojoe

YannickDa:
Thank you all ! I'm an average programmer at best, learning things the hard way (mostly by trial and error). There's still a lot to do for "StackNotes" to be considered "bug free" and you may encounter some unexpected crashes with the program because i have to double-check the GDI code i'm using for the ownerdrawn menus. So, it's "almost reliable". I plan to add a "mail" plugin (either to send a note or a complete padfile) using BLAT CLI; i have the prototype for this, i just need to adapt the code. I still have to write the long expected "Reminder" plugin from scratch. I'm also thinking about adding an "FTP upload" feature and to rewrite the "Recorder" plugin because it doesn't work under windows 10 (but does under windows XP).
The only problem I find I cannot directly paste from my clipboard program
--- End quote ---
This is not implemented but i can add that feature; hotkey to "paste to a new note" or "append to the currently selected one". I'll dig this...
So, still a lot of work to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version