ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PDF-XChange Pro

<< < (2/2)

Shades:
If you are into scripting and want to create PDFs from existing documents, you could also take a look at PanDoc. For my purposes (converting lightly formatted, mostly text-based Word documents and wiki pages to PDF) this works pretty fast and satisfactory. And it saved me from having to install PDF printer software on my system. Caveat, I try to keep my PCs as mean and lean as possible.

PanDoc is free to use in any type of environment, if I read the license document correctly. It was originally intended to convert documents to/from Latex, but as the years went by, more and more support for very different types of documents was added. Google results show that GUI tools for PanDoc have been made by 3rd parties/hobbyists, so that might help you over the script only nature of the PanDoc software.

Myself, I prefer the script version, so I have tried any of the available GUIs for it myself. Just thought to mention it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version