ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Renaming query: how to keep e.g. 1a, 1b when renumbering

<< < (3/4) > >>

Lintalist:
sourcefiles:="Full-path of source.txt" is not correct, but it doesn't matter. I updated the code above once more.

You can now try and "see" what the script "sees" remove the ; before one or both of the MsgBox lines so you can "check" if the source.txt  is read correct and if the source/targetfiles are correct. If you have many files pressing the MsgBox each time is tedious so try with a source.txt file with only a few files in it or cancel the script (scripts tray icon, right click, exit)

Finger Crossed 3 :-)

tomos:
Yes !!
Success !
Initially didnt work, possibly cause location of source.txt was in a folder with spaces in the name (I did put path in "inverted commas").
Moved that and it worked fine.

And it followed the 0001 / 0001a / etc pattern
Thank you very much Lintalist :Thmbsup:

EDIT// I tried it without removing comment ";" for message box -- as said above, it worked fine out of the box.
Does strip out text, but there's so few of them I can re-add manually if I want

Lintalist:
Phew, glad to hear it worked ;D

tomos:
 ;D

one last request (anytime -- I wont get to it for a few days):
can I start the counter for a second batch @ e.g. 0123
Looks like this could be the relevant line, but cannot think what to change:

counter:=SubStr("000" A_Index, -3)

Getting late here, I'm off -- many thanks again Lintalist :)

tomos:
EDIT// I tried it without removing comment ";" for message box -- as said above, it worked fine out of the box.
Does strip out text, but there's so few of them I can re-add manually if I want
-tomos (January 30, 2018, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Correction:
it doesnt strip out the text -- it doesnt rename those files, and leaves that new number free e.g. the first file had text after the number, and the renamed files started with 0002 -- so I was able to manually rename the file (with the text) to fit in as 0001_text_here.jpg i.e. it works perfectly :up:
nite!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version