ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Photo: Query/s re related info

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
One of my sisters wants to share family photos online, somewhere that others can also edit related descriptive text.
Google Photos seems perfect.
She has already added info to the 'Subject' field in the file -- this gets read by google and shown in the Info panel: ideal.

Once the related info has been edited, it differs from the info saved within the file (as said above: in 'Subject' field) i.e. the info is *not* added to the file metadata. Google offer no way of downloading this info --
Question:
does anyone here know a possible way to download the info related to the photo? -- just relating it to the filename would be fine. (The info panel also has filename & upload date -- see below.)

Note the 'Album' URL has a unique identifying number, so wondering might it be possible to strip the info somewhow for all pages/photos in the album?

Google Photo: Query/s re related info

4wd:
Don't know if it'll download any added photo info but you can try Google data download (Link - need to sign in).

You can export and download your data from the Google products you use, like your email, calendar, and photos.
--- End quote ---

tomos:
Don't know if it'll download any added photo info but you can try Google data download (Link - need to sign in).

You can export and download your data from the Google products you use, like your email, calendar, and photos.
--- End quote ---
-4wd (January 22, 2018, 06:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

that did work!
(the info I had that it was un-downloadable was from 2016)

The info comes through as a .json file e.g.
Photo-name.jpg.json
Spoiler
--- Code: Text ---{  "title": "1936 xxxx.jpg",  "description": "1936 Jack and Neil, 1st and 2nd from left. Back of photo: \"xxxx - June 28-1936\". Additional info here please.",  "url": "https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/.../1936%2Bxxxx.jpg",  "imageViews": "0",  "creationTime": {    "timestamp": "1516701602",    "formatted": "23 Jan 2018, 10:00:02 UTC"  },  "modificationTime": {    "timestamp": "1516701796",    "formatted": "23 Jan 2018, 10:03:16 UTC"  },  "geoData": {    "latitude": 0.0,    "longitude": 0.0,    "altitude": 0.0,    "latitudeSpan": 0.0,    "longitudeSpan": 0.0  },  "geoDataExif": {    "latitude": 0.0,    "longitude": 0.0,    "altitude": 0.0,    "latitudeSpan": 0.0,    "longitudeSpan": 0.0  }}

Which leads to the next question:

is there any software that will show the photo and read the info in the json file simultaneously?

tomos:
is there any software that will show the photo and read the info in the [related] json file simultaneously?
-tomos (January 23, 2018, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

haven't found anything in a quick search,
but I guess one could use two viewers, one for each file, and manually move to next file on each viewer.

ayryq:
ExifTool might do this automatically? I haven't tested it but see the following thread:
http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/exiftool/forum/index.php?topic=8154.0

And get the executable from:
http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

To clarify: What the command-line ExifTool will do is read the description from the json file(s), and write it to the metadata attached to the picture(s). Then you'll have to find another program that lets you view them together (though this should be easy).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version