ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Keyboard nudge x 10 and pan last region

<< < (3/6) > >>

mouser:
What about a single keyboard shortcut that expanded capture box symmetrically by X pixels in one shot?  Are you always wanting to expand the capture region by same amount?

DanielMa975:
That might be helpful as well (for creating a margin around a selection) but I don't think it solves the same problem of shrink-wrapping.

DanielMa975:
Imagine trying to select the Modify icon without any missing or extra pixels on any edge.

mouser:
I guess I am a bit confused.. I use the zoom overlay when I want to capture something to exact boundaries..  I use the mouse to get close and then nudge a couple of pixels to get it exact.

Is it that you are basically selecting one corner and then you know you need to go say 16 pixels right and down, and so you want to be able to go +10 and then +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 without having to do much eyeballing?

Can you try the new version and see if the acceleration helps?  I can see why if you had to count out 16 (or 32) clicks exactly then it would be a pain to have to do it using sixteen +1 nudges..

It just seems to me that with the acceleration, zoom panel, and tooltip showing the capture size, it would be pretty efficient to get it approximately right and the tweak one or two pixels to get it exact, rather than counting out.

Related question:  If the issue is getting exact SIZED captures of small things (rather than eyeballing with overlay window, etc), then perhaps you would benefit most from the feature I am about to add that lets you use 1-9 key to adjust capture region size to one of a set of user-configurable "favorite" sizes.  Then you could set sizes of 16x16, 32x32, etc. and easily select them..

DanielMa975:
I'll have to get back to you. I just boarded a plane  :)

It's not a counting issue though. It's when the extreme edges of an object are not at the corners (like a diamond shape).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version