ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Keyboard nudge x 10 and pan last region

(1/6) > >>

DanielMa975:
I've been using HyperSnap for years but thought I'd check out ScreenshotCaptor. So far, I think it has a lot of nice features, but there are a couple things I miss from HyperSnap and can't figure out how to do:

* For region captures, I'd like to be able to use Shift+Arrow to nudge 10 pixels at a time in each direction.
* I'd like an option to have the "fixed size region" be the same size as my most recent region capture (in HyperSnap, this is called "pan last capture").
I also noticed a couple more minor things (on Windows 10):

* The toolbar buttons in the built-in editor don't seem to resize based on the global scale setting in Windows Display Settings > Change the size of text, apps, and other items (they are super tiny w/ a 4K monitor).
* The Preferences dialog can get buried behind other windows and doesn't reappear if you attempt to reopen it from the tray menu.

mouser:
Welcome, Daniel.

First let's start by saying that all of your requests are good ones.  Some you can do already easily, some are on my todo list.

Let's take them in order:

1. For region captures, I'd like to be able to use Shift+Arrow to nudge 10 pixels at a time in each direction.
--- End quote ---
You can use shift, alt, ctrl combined with cursor keys to tweak the selected-region capture box once you start selecting a region in selected region capture mode.  There is also an alternative "redbox" region selection mode that gives you a bit more options about resizing selected region capture though it takes a couple more clicks.

2. I'd like an option to have the "fixed size region" be the same size as my most recent region capture (in HyperSnap, this is called "pan last capture").
--- End quote ---
There is a hotkey for recapturing same exact region. And another hotkey for capturing a "Fixed size" region.  I am int he process of adding a feature to let you easily cycle through your "favorite" capture region sizes once you have triggered a region capture.

The toolbar buttons in the built-in editor don't seem to resize based on the global scale setting in Windows Display Settings > Change the size of text, apps, and other items (they are super tiny w/ a 4K monitor).
--- End quote ---
This has been requested a couple of times laterly. I tried a 4k monitor and hated it so it's not a problem I have.  But I did find a good solution to have larger toolbar icons and it should be in a new release very soon.

The Preferences dialog can get buried behind other windows and doesn't reappear if you attempt to reopen it from the tray menu.
--- End quote ---
That sounds like a bug, I will try to reproduce and fix.

DanielMa975:
Thanks for your speedy reply  8)

You can use shift, alt, ctrl combined with cursor keys to tweak the selected-region capture box once you start selecting a region in selected region capture mode.
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I have tried this several times, and the modifier keys don't seem to do anything. No matter what I do, the cursor keys only move one pixel at a time. Is this a setting that has to be turned on? If not, something is not working properly for me.

Glad to hear two of the other items are in the works.

mouser:
Hmm, I have tried this several times, and the modifier keys don't seem to do anything. No matter what I do, the cursor keys only move one pixel at a time.
--- End quote ---
Yeah sorry I should have been clearer -- it's always one pixel at a time.  The modifiers just control whether you are moving the top left or bottom right corner or both.

DanielMa975:
Ahh gotcha. So would you consider a feature that allows 10 pixels at a time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version