ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 free upgrade loophole closing in December

<< < (3/3)

Shades:
Weird. Now I'm not denying you experience the problems you experience, but it is the first time I heard of it and I have been using Windows 7, XP, 8.1 and Server 2012 machines to connect through VPN to RDP to Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Server 2008 and Server 2012 machines for hours and hours on end, without any issues of any kind. And yes, that includes even sessions where I VPN/RDP to one system to another system in another network on a different location and then need to use Citrix to access yet another computer in another location. A mish-mash of connections that I sometimes have to go through, because of a legal minefield that do not allow me access directly.

But no crapping out of RDP through VPN in any combination.

Stoic Joker:
Weird. Now I'm not denying you experience the problems you experience, but it is the first time I heard of it and I have been using Windows 7, XP, 8.1 and Server 2012 machines to connect through VPN to RDP to Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Server 2008 and Server 2012 machines for hours and hours on end, without any issues of any kind. And yes, that includes even sessions where I VPN/RDP to one system to another system in another network on a different location and then need to use Citrix to access yet another computer in another location. A mish-mash of connections that I sometimes have to go through, because of a legal minefield that do not allow me access directly.

But no crapping out of RDP through VPN in any combination.
-Shades (January 14, 2018, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here ... However I did run across an issue with one client that kept having repeated issues with the target machine locking up due to an issue with the print spooler. It's a rare but known issue with certain printers and RDP that seems to manifest most often if one is coming from a slow/overloaded network (e.g. like from a hotel). Disabling the connect to local printer option for the RDP connection mitigates it for the most part.

There is no existing list of known problem child printers...however I do suspect that anything that is host based on either end of the connection would be a prime suspect (just a hunch..).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version