ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The new CMS is now LIVE! - Please report any bugs/issues here.

<< < (7/13) > >>

mouser:
The search function on the forum is still not working right (searching in topics-only is clearly not working).. I'm not quite sure what the nature of the problem -- it's probably related to the forum database api.. I'm working on it.

tomos:
The search function on the forum is still not working right (searching in topics-only is clearly not working).. I'm not quite sure what the nature of the problem -- it's probably related to the forum database api.. I'm working on it.
-mouser (January 17, 2018, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I happened to have just searched the music thread -- the first attempt didnt work. It suggested I try again, but to notify the authorities if it didnt work a second time. It did work (properly I think) on the second attempt.

mouser:
Ok searching in topics-only and in current topic should be working now..  Still some tweaking to do to get search results to be better, but I think we are back to where we were before.
(note that some caching of search results happens so if you search for something again that you searched for prior to my fixes, youll get old empty results until the cache clears).

mouser:
And now server is rebooting to apply updates.. standby..

mouser:
FYI: The search failures were my fault -- I was over-eager in cleaning out a database table that I thought was related to logs but was actually important for search.  Table replaced and updated, no harm done, no data lost.
I've tweaked the search results a little now, so maybe they will be a tiny bit more relevant than they have been on the old server.. but after everything else is sorted out I'll try to go through and improve search results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version