ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Star Wars Last Jedi movie discussion

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
I don't get the appeal of the furry penguin bird things.
-Deozaan (January 05, 2018, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that they were the attempt at merchandising
-wraith808 (January 05, 2018, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, exactly. That much was apparent.

I guess BB8's novelty has worn off and kids need something new to beg their parents to waste their money on. :D

YouTube is FILLED TO THE BRIM with people offering their criticism of the Last Jedi.
-mouser (January 06, 2018, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got links to some good ones? I'd be interested in seeing some of them.

The Last Jedi certainly isn't perfect, or even amazing. I'm not trying to defend it or proclaim that it is a wonderful film. I feel it is a step up from the prequels (1-3). And while The Force Awakens and Rogue One were also better (IMO) than the prequels, I feel Last Jedi was the better of these recent three films. The franchise films have gone from being amazingly groundbreaking (4-6) to headscratchingly cringeworthy (1-3) to, as someone I know put it, "it's alright, but the magic is gone" (7, 8, Rogue One).

One note of criticism that I noticed: Many people complained that The Force Awakens was just a rehash of A New Hope. It seemed to me that there were many parallels between The Last Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back.

mouser:
Got links to some good ones? I'd be interested in seeing some of them.
--- End quote ---

I enjoyed this sarcastic one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2PV52WNLY

Deozaan:
Jenny Nicholson has some counterpoints in her Top 10 Worst Reasons You Hated The Last Jedi video:

Spoilers, of course!

(Notice the giant porg in the background; Disney's marketing is working.)

mouser:
Yeah she's good.

wraith808:
Kevin Smith's Review of the Last Jedi

Yeah... spoilers.  And much language was had.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version