ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clip Order and Duplicate Copies

(1/2) > >>

Garfield2:
Hello have a quick question if anybody can help. If I copy 1, 2, 2, 3. I want to past 1, 2, 2, 3 but it seems CHS wants to paste 1, 2, 3.

Does anyone know the setting to change to have the former?

Copy 1, 2, 2, 3

Paste 1, 2, 2, 3

Not 1, 2, 3, and whatever was in the history before then.

Garfield2:
Got the answer on this.

tomos:
Got the answer on this.
-Garfield2 (January 06, 2018, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm curious: what was the solution?

Garfield2:
Thanks for asking. Actually there was no resolution to this issue as much as a confirmation that when a piece of text is copied more than once it is treated as one clipboard item.

I will have to make some differentiation between my placeholders if they are consecutive like * and **

IainB:
Thanks for asking. Actually there was no resolution to this issue as much as a confirmation that when a piece of text is copied more than once it is treated as one clipboard item.
I will have to make some differentiation between my placeholders if they are consecutive like * and **
-Garfield2 (January 06, 2018, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could try: CHS Options--> Misc. Options 1 --> When duplicate found: "Don't check for duplicates"

I haven't tried it, but I would presume that that could probably sort out your requirement to preserves duplicates in the stack in the order in which they arrive.
Just a thought.

Maybe we need a "CHS Experiential Tips and Tricks" thread, or something, in this forum. There's so much thoughtfully-designed functionality in CHS that even its creator - @mouser - sometimes seems to forget about bits of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version