ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Happy New Year 2018 - Share new years resolutions or best practices?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Target:
you misspelt banned....

IainB:
Target, meanwhile, thought he had espied a different kind of band, and, on closer inspection realised that the word "band" might have an elastic quality.

cranioscopical:
Target, meanwhile, thought he had espied a different kind of band, and, on closer inspection realised that the word "band" might have an elastic quality.
-IainB (January 05, 2018, 12:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a bit of a stretch! I think it was just a wind-up.

IainB:
-IainB (January 05, 2018, 12:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a bit of a stretch! I think it was just a wind-up.
-cranioscopical (January 05, 2018, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, I see. You might well be right, though it goes against the grain to admit that I might be at fault for not having perceived that on first reading his comment. I wouldn't like people to think that I might be one matchstick short of a full box. That wouldn't dovetail well into my own sense of self-identity. I would prefer them to think that I was a cut above the rest.

cranioscopical:
Ah, I see. You might well be right, though it goes against the grain to admit that I might be at fault for not having perceived that on first reading his comment. I wouldn't like people to think that I might be one matchstick short of a full box. That wouldn't dovetail well into my own sense of self-identity. I would prefer them to think that I was a cut above the rest.
-IainB (January 05, 2018, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
No need to bridle. The plane truth is that, in order to shine, you must ignitor go down in flames butt neither burn a hole in your pocket nor singe a finger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version