ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Big News: New DonationCoder Server

<< < (6/7) > >>

mouser:
Would folks be interested in a long rambling post about the migration of the dc server(s), the move to content management systems, and all of the options I considered and why each decision was made?

IainB:
Well, no, not a "long rambling post", which could mean a chunk of your otherwise productive time, but a brief summary report that simply covered:

* Objectives.
* Implementation Plan.
* Resources required.
* Actual Implementation Steps, and variations to plan - in timeline order (or order of occurrence).
* Outcomes.
 - could be interesting, but only if the report could also be useful to yourself as a sort of diary note.
In fact, if you already had diary notes about the implementation, then you could construct the summary report from those notes. This is something I often do for myself, so that I can go back and review something I did in the past. My notes nowadays are invariably documented very nicely in MS OneNote, and I can put them up in a public share, rather than send them out as a file or put them up as a document on a website. Blogging the summary in a blog or a forum post would be a relatively tedious exercise - the medium being very limited by comparison to a document, which latter is more suited to being indexed, well-structured with a self-contained TOC, diagrams, etc. and thus more easily read as a report.

Ath:
+1

and:
the options I considered and why each decision was made?
-mouser (February 05, 2018, 11:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

rgdot:
Another yes

cranioscopical:
No but I'm prepared to be bored for the sake of DC  ;D

And, again, thanks for all the work you put into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version