ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why doesn't DC make its own browser?

<< < (5/6) > >>

highend01:
And uses an outdated (missing security fixes) version of Chromium... Why on earth should somebody use such stuff?

rgdot:
The biggest issue with open source small team (or not even small) projects is the need to keep up with issues. There is no way any one should use just any even if it 'works well'. Not to get off track but even in major linux repositories very old browser versions last months, even something like old insecure Putty version for example.
Browsers are very much a case of surrendering to the big guys, unfortunate but reality.

wraith808:
And uses an outdated (missing security fixes) version of Chromium... Why on earth should somebody use such stuff?
-highend01 (February 19, 2018, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

How did you find out it was using an outdated version of Chromium?  Did you download it and try it?  I don't see anywhere that it uses Chromium, so I'm curious.

highend01:
I don't see anywhere that it uses Chromium, so I'm curious.
--- End quote ---

https://github.com/minbrowser/min

--- ---Note: Min uses an older version of Chromium, which may be missing security fixes from later versions. More Information

tomos:
[overlapping:]And uses an outdated (missing security fixes) version of Chromium... Why on earth should somebody use such stuff?
-highend01 (February 19, 2018, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

How did you find out it was using an outdated version of Chromium?  Did you download it and try it?  I don't see anywhere that it uses Chromium, so I'm curious.
-wraith808 (February 19, 2018, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

there's a github link on the linked page above. Scroll down a little for:

Note: Min uses an older version of Chromium, which may be missing security fixes from later versions. More Information
--- End quote ---
the 'more info is interesting (though mostly over my head)
https://github.com/minbrowser/min/issues/440#issuecomment-338080554

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version