ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official New DC Members Pages Thread

<< < (8/9) > >>

mouser:
Awesome.  Updated you to active on the dcmembers.com page; are you ready for your close-up (entry on friends of dc page)?

wraith808:
Is the friends of DC page only for those pages hosted on the DC servers?

mouser:
Is the friends of DC page only for those pages hosted on the DC servers?
--- End quote ---

No, not necessarily.  It's basically for folks who are long time/active dc community members, who are primarily free-for-home-use/donationware coders, and share their software development news on our site.  Essentially, coders who we are recommending and who hang out here.

mouser:
Just a note for folks that have pages at the new dcmembers server:
http://www.dcmembers.com

I've solidified the process for how to set it up so users have their own domain name for their section, and it's pretty painless (and reversible).

So if you are a coder with a dcmembers section, and want to register a domain name, instead of the default dcmembers.com/username, and use that, just let me know.  (we can make the old urls redirect to the new).

As an example, see hamradio's pages (they now redirect to their own domain name):
http://www.dcmembers.com/hamradio

[note: you'll still have to use the multi-user wordpress system we've set up on the member server for your site -- that restriction is what makes it feasible to keep these sites online forever and maintain so many accounts]

mouser:
I'm going to try updating a bunch of stuff on the member server.. what I could use help with is checking that I don't break anything on member pages.. Can folks who have a page on dcmembers report in here so we can check and make sure your pages are all showing as they should?

Probably the most important thing to check is any plugins you are using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version