ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Need a tool to hotkey mouse or keyboard to focus a window

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
I use Win+<number> to set focus of the required window.
Obviously I do not run more than 9 programs at a time.
Regards,
     Anand
-anandcoral (December 21, 2017, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
:D

Curt:
@anandcoral. Thank you for reminding; I only remembered, when I read it.

^ maybe point out that it's RightWin+UpperNumbers  Well, on my desktop anyway

skwire:
Here's the initial release. Unless somebody comes up with a better name, it's currently called WHAT (Window Hotkey Activator Tool).  Here's a couple of screenshots:

IDEA:  Need a tool to hotkey mouse or keyboard to focus a window

IDEA:  Need a tool to hotkey mouse or keyboard to focus a window

Notes:

* The matching comprises the following criteria: process name, window title, and window class.  You will almost certainly have to play around a bit with the text to get certain windows to activate and, even then, some may not.  Furthermore, you do not need to use all three criterion for a given hotkey.  Don't be afraid to experiment.
* While the add/edit hotkey dialog is open, all hotkeys are disabled.  They are enabled after you click the save button or close the add/edit hotkey dialog.
* Checkboxes in the main list enable and disable individual hotkeys.
* You can assign the same hotkey to multiple entries and it will activate all the windows in top-down order.  You can easily change the order in the list.
* Check out the Options menu for a few usability options.
* The hotkey selection GUI is such that you can use just about any combination of keys, mouse buttons, and modifiers.  Go crazy.
Download here:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/what/WHAT.zip

Once we get closer to the turn of the year, I'll add this to the 2018 NANY page.   :Thmbsup:

anandcoral:
Once we get closer to the turn of the year, I'll add this to the 2018 NANY page.   :Thmbsup:
-skwire (December 22, 2017, 10:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Excellent  :Thmbsup:
I suggest to add option 'Always on top' to have additional benefit for a window.

Regards,

Anand

skwire:
I suggest to add option 'Always on top' to have additional benefit for a window.-anandcoral (December 23, 2017, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can do.

Please direct any new replies to the WHAT (Window Hotkey Activator Tool) NANY 2018 thread for this app.  I'm going to lock this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version