ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2018

NANY 2018 Release: BaseImage

<< < (3/4) > >>

fredemeister:
Also could be used for any external link images.

I tried the program using an image 307KB jpg at 1600x1067. The resulting code was 117 lines long (word-wrapped) at fullscreen on a 19" monitor. I do a lot of archival image galleries, with about 30 images per gallery and this would generate a humungous html file. So whether the loading time difference would be significantly less is uncertain. This would be on a local machine, as the galleries are not served to a website. Also encoding time would be significantly increased. I like the idea, but perhaps image galleries are not a practical use for this program. :)

Just a comment

BGM:
Yeah, I wouldn't use this procedure for an image gallery.  I've used it to store images for buttons in certain javascript applications (like InDesign Extendscript or Firefox Custom Buttons) where you don't want external files, and I use it myself for images in email signatures.  The value of this is that you can store the image inside the code - so it would be best for smallish type icons. 

However, to avoid 117-line strings, you could always disable wordwrap in your text editor!  hahahaaa

fredemeister:
However, to avoid 117-line strings, you could always disable wordwrap in your text editor!  hahahaaa
-BGM (February 12, 2018, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Imaginative transfer of a vertical problem to a horizontal one. :)

BGM:
Any idea what this nice fellow said?

tomos:
^ if you mean the previous post:

the scrolling problem (due to the '117-line strings') goes from being a vertical problem to being a horizontal one (once wordwrap turned off).

(With apologies in advance if you meant something completely different!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version