ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Just tried using a 4k monitor in my setup, did not like it

<< < (4/5) > >>

Deozaan:
My recommendation if you go for a multimonitor setup with different resolutions is to make your 4K monitor your secondary (right) monitor, so if its resolution changes for a game or something, it won't affect anything on the other monitor.

mouser:
My recommendation is don't do it.. But then you should have gotten that from this thread already :)

Flatop0315:
I have been looking at 4k monitors as well, thinking that I could just change the resolution to my liking.  But from mouser's experience, sounds like that will not be successful. Perfection is a 30 inch at 2560 x 1600, of course that is just my opinion.  I am using a SyncMaster 305T that I got for nothing, since it is known to have over-heating issues; however, upgrading the cooling on it with a couple of USB fans seem to have taken care of that problem.  I think it is funny that people buy these 4 and 5K iMac computers and by default the resolution is set to a lower resolution like 2560 x 1440.  They end up paying extra for something that they will never use.

mouser:
by default the resolution is set to a lower resolution like 2560 x 1440.  They end up paying extra for something that they will never use.
--- End quote ---

Not only that but when I got my 4k monitor I figured if I didn't like it I could set set the resoltution lower to something closer to what I was used to -- but the problem was the image was horribly fuzzy at lower resolutions.

wraith808:
The 4k resolution is in many cases utilized for games and movies, even if they change the nkrmal operating resolution

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version