ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How can I blank out my laptop camera?

(1/6) > >>

kalos:
Hello!

I have a video interview where I have to record myself via my laptop camera. (I can use my mobile phone camera too)

However I don't want to be seen during the recording. I cannot put something on the camera to block the light, because it will be obvious. Instead, I need to blank out my camera (with grey colour as when there is no signal) or something.

Any idea how to do that?

thanks!

IainB:
Use the highly-acclaimed "Zuckerburg Security Method" - i.e., attach a piece of opaque (won't let light through) tape over the camera lens and light. It is rumoured that, if you utter a couple of profanities whilst doing this, then this action could also help to consolidate/compound the effect, thus helping to make the whole thing more effective and may even help to make you a millionaire. (Unverified sources.)

Ath:
Isn't the base cause for a video interview you being visible? Otherwise a (skype) chat session would have been sufficient...
A 'malfunctioning' camera, during a video interview, isn't quite a valid alibi, I presume.

ConstanceJill:
Hi ^^

How about wearing a Guy Fawkes mask?
I don't quite understand, you state youself that you "have to record yourself", yet you don't want to be seen ?_?

4wd:
According to basic logic:

However I don't want to be seen during the recording.-kalos (December 09, 2017, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cannot co-exist with this:

I have a video interview where I have to record myself via my laptop camera.
--- End quote ---

Either do a video interview of yourself or don't ... simple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version