ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can you hear this silent GIF?

<< < (2/3) > >>

kfitting:
I didnt hear it either -- but did somehow sense the thump, like I were standing there and could feel the movement in my body.
-tomos (December 07, 2017, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with this. Mine was not so much an audible sound, but more of a feeling.

Edvard:
This is a good approximation of the sound I hear when I watch the gif:
https://soundcloud.com/eddy-martin-4/jumprope-10

... and now you do too  :P

Edvard:
Yes  :tellme: :tellme:

Oddly I could still hear it when I closed the page - does this make me weird?
-Carol Haynes (December 07, 2017, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not objective enough to judge whether it makes you weird or not, ;D but for me, the sound cuts off as soon as I scroll away from the image, like 'out of sight, out of mind'.  Literally.  I think THAT's weird.

I didnt hear it either -- but did somehow sense the thump, like I were standing there and could feel the movement in my body.
-tomos (December 07, 2017, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
I agree with this. Mine was not so much an audible sound, but more of a feeling.
-kfitting (December 07, 2017, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
The weird thing is, I can say I don't actually hear it; as in, I don't perceive it as an audible sensation originating at my ears, but I do get the distinct feeling that it's what I should hear, and therefore some part of my brain generates it and delivers it to the audio decoder part, and is therefore more of a feeling than an actual audio hallucination.  However, it's distinct enough that I can definitely say that loop I posted sounds very close to what I am perceiving as a result of the whole mess.

ConstanceJill:
Hi there ^^
[…]... and now you do too  :P
-Edvard (December 08, 2017, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm nope, sorry to disappoint but even after listening to the sound, I still don't hear anything when watching the .gif :p

wraith808:
This is a good approximation of the sound I hear when I watch the gif:
https://soundcloud.com/eddy-martin-4/jumprope-10

... and now you do too  :P
-Edvard (December 08, 2017, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that.  I was wondering if the phenomena was just more subtle, so I didn't recognize it.  That's not subtle, and I don't hear it even now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version