ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Notetaking software

<< < (4/7) > >>

nevf:
Clibu Version 2 was released yesterday and is a major new release which fully supports Smartphones, Tablets as well as Desktops with all capabilities available on all platforms.

See the V2 Pt1 Blog post. for more information and the Clibu website.

Clibu V2 completes the first stage of an extensive update to turn Clibu into a Progressive Web Application or PWA. This enables it to adapt and respond to different devices and screen sizes providing an optimal user interface and user experience on all devices.

With Clibu all of you content is always up to date across all devices, gone are the days of manually synchronizing data. Clibu has true hierarchical tags, a full featured wysiwyg content editor, multiple knowledge bases, sharing and collaboration, web clipper, full text search and much more.

Future plans include full offline support, extending the on-premise version to provide Mac and Linux versions in addition to Windows, editor enhancements possibly with markdown support, more drag and drop capabilities, improved search, import/export etc.

If you've never tried Clibu or looked at an older version, please do try V2 and let us know your thoughts, so we can continue to improve it to meet your needs and wants.

Steven Avery:
So almost purely OneNote, Evernote, Simplenote and Keep now. And Simplenote is fading out as I use OneNote more.-Dormouse (November 30, 2017, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
My key two are multi-platform (iPad and Windows is my mainstay.

Evernote Free (2 concurrent puters-tabs) 

Wunderlist, (any number of concurrent puters-tabs)
(yes, Microsoft is ending Wunderlist, which it bought, but at that time I will export, everybody will offer ways, and the MS product might be good). 

======

Occasionally I do use Keep, and I am always looking for a "better than Keep" that I really like.

When it becomes a document, it goes to Atlantis or Google Docs. I hope to try Scrivener for projects. 

From the notes below Rightnote and OneNote might be a good alternative team, but that would be a clash with using Evernote, and OneNote always confused me with its various editions, methods, pricings and platforms.

============

This idea intrigues me:
"local WordPress install acting as a notes database, using Keep and Pimlical for online and sync."

As does this note:
"multi-platform options: RightNote, TreeDBNotes, Ultra Recall"

And Clibu - which I am checking right now.

Thanks! neat thread.

Steven

rgdot:
This idea intrigues me:
"local WordPress install acting as a notes database, using Keep and Pimlical for online and sync.
-Steven Avery (December 12, 2017, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Works very well for me. Has the necessary search function, date based notes (created and/or modified), image support, etc. Use P2 theme to take notes right on the front end, use css or plugins to change the views and make it grid calendar like, use plugins to set 'reminders' (aka a plugin that supports upcoming events).
Can take it online if I really need it, would need to have an obscure domain locked with password, easily doable. Eventhough no passwords and sensitive info are in it (KeePass for that) don't want to do that unless really see the need.

Steven Avery:
http://myclibu.com/  just says "Clibu loading"

nevf:
http://myclibu.com/  just says "Clibu loading"
-Steven Avery (December 12, 2017, 08:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Steven,
Try clearing your Browser Cache.

What Web Browser + Version + OS are you using?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version