ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Notetaking software

<< < (3/7) > >>

Chessnia:
Been using Rightnote for a long time. Wouldn't change it for anything.
Selling at Bitsdujour for a 50% discount soon:

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/rightnote/in=upcoming-discounts

rgdot:
I like RightNote's new/recent Journal feature, doubtful I would buy at this point but it's tempting

TucknDar:
I like RightNote, it just wasn't the ... ahem.. right note for me. Own a license and I used it for a while, but I just prefer how I can write notes anywhere on OneNotes pages and also the syncing abilities with my Android phone and certain notebooks for work purposes. It just works.

Dormouse:
I like RightNote, it just wasn't the ... ahem.. right note for me. Own a license and I used it for a while, but I just prefer how I can write notes anywhere on OneNotes pages and also the syncing abilities with my Android phone and certain notebooks for work purposes. It just works.-TucknDar (December 03, 2017, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ditto
I have far too many licenses for similar programs that just aren't as usable as the multi-platform options: RightNote, TreeDBNotes, Ultra Recall and many others. I'm not entirely comfortable in switching to Microsoft, Google etc, but just working on everything is just so much easier and more efficient, though I will pay for Scrivener upgrades as they come along (hoping that the Android version will arrive some year or other).

mwb1100:
While considering things mentioned in this thread, I came to realize that some editors that I hadn't tried in a while support Markdown along with projects much better than what I have been using.  This makes a "directory-tree-with-a-bunch-of-Markdown-files" much more usable as a knowlegebase/notetaking system.

I've been playing around with Visual Studio Code just a little bit, and I think I'm sold on it.  My barebones KB now has:

- a project containing references to all the topics/notes
  - side-by-side (with synchronized scrolling) or toggled viewing of the markdown formatted for viewing
  - search across the whole KB
  - git integration

And VS Code is cross-platform, so I get all this on my  Linux boxes too.

The downside is that I have to learn a new editor (but I hear it's pretty good).  On the plus side I get my 100% portable, sync-able, and selfhost-able knowlegebase along with very usable editing and searching.

I hear that Atom has similar Markdown support (I haven't tried it though).

I'm kinda psyched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version