ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Pasted images too large with new laptop

<< < (3/5) > >>

GillMcC:
It is V 4.21.1

I did not make any changes to SSC between using the old laptop and the new, so I presume the issue is to do with the new higher Screen Resolution - it has caused a few different problems with various programs.  One other difference, the old laptop was using Windows 8.1, this one Windows 10

GillMcC:
Any further thoughts/suggestions on this?

tomos:
Any further thoughts/suggestions on this?
-GillMcC (November 29, 2017, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
I just skimmed the thread:
have you tried pasting images from other sources into excel ?
e.g. take a screenshot using the OS and paste that into Excel -- if you have the same problem, them problem is presumably at the Excel end of things. (you dont have to take the whole screen, let's see, have a look here if you need: https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/)

IainB:
Now, on this new laptop with high resolution monitor, I capture the same screen area but when I paste it in the size is enormous - and I have to go to Excel format picture, edit dimensions and reduce the size to approx 30%. Which is rather time consuming as I have to do this many times a day.
-GillMcC (November 27, 2017, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I know this might sound silly, but after you have pasted the (overly large) image into Excel, have you tried grabbing it by the bottom RH corner and making the image smaller by pushing the corner diagonally upwards and to the left? You should also be able to make it bigger, by dragging it out in the reverse direction.
That's what I often need to do - adjust the size of an image - when pasting clipped images into MS Office products (usually MS OneNote). I rarely paste images into Excel, but, ergonomically, MS Office products behave pretty consistently across the range, so it just might work. I recall that Excel graphs could be similarly adjusted in size (they are just objects).
Hope that helps or is of use.

By the way, I'm rather curious as to why, and what images are being pasted regularly into Excel in your case. If you don't mind my asking, are you able to describe the task that you are achieving with that?

GillMcC:
Now, on this new laptop with high resolution monitor, I capture the same screen area but when I paste it in the size is enormous - and I have to go to Excel format picture, edit dimensions and reduce the size to approx 30%. Which is rather time consuming as I have to do this many times a day.
-GillMcC (November 27, 2017, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I know this might sound silly, but after you have pasted the (overly large) image into Excel, have you tried grabbing it by the bottom RH corner and making the image smaller by pushing the corner diagonally upwards and to the left? You should also be able to make it bigger, by dragging it out in the reverse direction.
That's what I often need to do - adjust the size of an image - .....

By the way, I'm rather curious as to why, and what images are being pasted regularly into Excel in your case. If you don't mind my asking, are you able to describe the task that you are achieving with that?
-IainB (November 30, 2017, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

IainB thanks for checking, but  this is what I used to do when the images were a little bigger than I wanted them to be.  However, now they are so large, that it is not possible to see the full extent of the image on the page.  As I require the image on the right hand side of my screen I have to drag the box then re-position the image about 10 times to get it the size I require!
That is why I have found it quicker, but still a PITA, to edit the dimensions.

I design in CAD, and copy a selected screenshot of my final design into my Excel costing sheet.  That way I have an image next to me to ensure I don't miss anything!  The image does not need to be large, just big enough for me to see everything.  It is also a good future reference, it is quicker to go to the Excel sheet to see the design than fire up the CAD package again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version