ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Pasted images too large with new laptop

(1/5) > >>

GillMcC:
I would like to start by saying how much I love this program - use it constantly.

I recently purchased a new laptop - HP Spectre 360 with a high resolution monitor - 3840 x 2160.  Since using this I now have a problem with the size of pasted images.

Previously, on my old laptop, I would Grab a Selected Region of an image on my CAD package and paste it into Excel - in very non-technical terms (as this is the easiest way to explain what is happening) the image I was capturing would be about 15cm x 10cm of the laptop screen, and when this pasted into Excel it would appear as an image about the same size.

Now, on this new laptop with high resolution monitor, I capture the same screen area but when I paste it in the size is enormous - and I have to go to Excel format picture, edit dimensions and reduce the size to approx 30%. Which is rather time consuming as I have to do this many times a day.

I'm sure hidden away in the configuration options, there may be a way for me to specify that I want a smaller image pasted in - can someone point me in the right direction please?

mouser:
This can be fixed going forward by changing the internally stored DPI of captured screenshots -- go to the "Image File Format" tab and change the dpi (try 96 if it's higher).
This should fix NEW screenshots but not older ones.

More info here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=38189.msg357545#msg357545

Let me know if that helps.

GillMcC:
Thanks for the prompt reply.  I tried changing the DPI - all the way up to 600, but it does not seem to make any difference.

mouser:
Did you try the effect on NEW captures? It won't fix old images.

GillMcC:
Yes, although I did not close and re-open SSC just clicked Apply

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version