ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Fixes Size Captor - How to with Minimum Key presses

(1/4) > >>

colink:
I am trying to use Captor to replace Snipping Tool and Give me a fixed size capture window with minimum clicks.

With Snipping Tool I need 2 clicks start a dragable capture window, when I let go image is in clipboard

First how do I move Captor out of the notifications area so it is always in the taskbar?

I managed to find how to set preset sizes in my favouritres (not intuitive) - but how do I get one of those to be the default from some shortcut (then easily choose another)?

Currently IL
click Alt Ctrl PrntScrn - that puts a capture window around the current window
I then right click on red area (top left) then choose a size eg 420x236 - window changes size
BUT - as soon as I move my mouse to the resized window, it resizes to full size and moves partly off screen

What am I doing wrong - how do I get my 420x236 capture window on screen with minimum clicks then save to clipboard with minimum clicks?

Thanks ColinK

mouser:
Open options.

Go to hotkeys and set a hotkey for "Capture Fixed Sized Region".

Go to My Favorites and set the "Fixed region capture" size.

Go to Interface Options and tell SC to "After Capture Show: Stay Minimized".

Go to Post-Capture Options and choose "Copy to clipboard:" and make your choice.

colink:
Thanks that was helpful.

It would be good to be able to choose from several pre-set sizes.

Is there a way for me to use "My Favorite preset sizes" to do the same / similar to above for any area of the screen (not a specific full window)? see attachment

Thanks ColinK

mouser:
Those favorite sizes are easily toggleable from the redbox region capture mode, but that's different from the fixed size region capture.

Let me add a way to cycle through and directly select a favorite size once the fixed region capture is on screen -- i'll make it so you can hit 1,2,3,4,5,etc. to select that favorite preset.

colink:
Thanks again for your reply.

I am still not clear of the purpose of the Favorites or how to use them - you say they "are easily toggleable from the redbox region capture mode" - I have looked in help and forum and cannot find anything on favorites or "red box capture mode".

I think you are saying that you will add code so that wheh I select a preset size I will be able to easily to toggle through the preset sizes  - this will be very useful.

My best case procedure would be:
CTRL+SHIFT+(my chosen key) - opens dragable red box, with size from 1st in list - drag + the following options
click to save (same as current)
Numeric keys 1,2,3,4,5, resize red box, drag, click to save

Perhaps this is what you are describing

Thanks ColinK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version