ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

SHORTCUT SHMORTCUT

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
@Stoic Joker: Yes, it seems to work as a drop-point (or Send to point), but I can't get it to work as a clickable shortcut to bring up the "wizard" - which is what seems to be required in the OP. Can't figure out a way to do that, though I reckon there probably is a way. It seems an awkward requirement to try and meet - I mean, I'm not sure that the Desklink was necessarily intended to be used in that way. It might not be feasible.
One workaround might be as per the link I gave in my response above, but I wasn't sure that was quite what was wanted.
Better definition of requirements needed, I guess.   :tellme:

altikaka:
Hi Guys.

Not sure I can make my request any clearer.

I would like to be able to left click on a desktop shortcut with the end result being that the create shortcut wizard opens.

Sorry if I sound facetious - that is not my intention.
All suggestions are really welcomed and appreciated.

Altikaka

wraith808:
Hi Guys.

Not sure I can make my request any clearer.

I would like to be able to left click on a desktop shortcut with the end result being that the create shortcut wizard opens.

Sorry if I sound facetious - that is not my intention.
All suggestions are really welcomed and appreciated.

Altikaka

-altikaka (November 23, 2017, 04:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, if you have to use the Create Shortcut Wizard, the answer appears to be no, unless you use something like AHK to simulate that process.  From what I've been able to see, they have not exposed that wizard to be invoked programmatically.  After finding that out, I asked my question above- but if nothing else will suffice, I think you're going to be stuck with that.

altikaka:
Thanks wraith808.

Unless anyone else has any ideas, I'll treat your reply as a NO  >:(

altikaka

IainB:
@altikaka:
Here we go. Something like this dead simple Autohotkey script looks like it will do what you want.
In haste. Unfamiliar ground for me, but it's nearly there. Works from the Desktop but not yet from any window.
Have to get some sleep but will try to tweak it later. You might be able to sort it before I wake up..

^LButton::   ; Ctrl+ Left mouse button click (change it to whatever you want)
   Send #m{AppsKey}{w}{s} ; #d not quite do it.
   Return

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version