ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum upgraded Nov 20, 2017

<< < (2/10) > >>

wraith808:
I thought that was an improvement, it's what I've been using for a while on the test cms site.. But I'm open to suggestions for how to make it look better.
-mouser (November 21, 2017, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I like it, though perhaps the colors could us twaeking to match the color of the forum

tomos:
Taking Ath's list:

>brown accent color?
this presumably the same colour used for member-names -- it does look much more vibrant though due to the adjacent white.
I think a thinner band on the left would be better.

>larger font?
yeah,
slightly smaller font, as before, is my preference too

>large cursive quoted name/date-time?
I like the cursive,
but I'd prefer this text to be smaller than the body text (within the quote).

>enormous upside-down-quote added?
I think definitely too big -- if font size is going to be requced, this will have to be reduced anyways -- but I'd reduce it even more.

In my browser the quote is serif font, the rest is sans-serif -- this also emphasizes the quote over the other text. To me, the quote is of importance, but of lesser importance than the text of the response -- that's why I think it should have less emphasis all round.

Below an edited sample:

* quote body text smaller
* quote 'title' even smaller
* brown band on left thinner
* one quote has a (much smaller) quote mark; the other has none
Forum upgraded Nov 20, 2017

wraith808:
I think you've changed it, and it does indeed look better.  I did like the band on the left of the quote, which seems to have gone away now.

mouser:
I didn't change anything yet, but I agree with the general consensus.. Tomos can you send me (or post) your css fixes?

wraith808:
I didn't change anything yet, but I agree with the general consensus.. Tomos can you send me (or post) your css fixes?
-mouser (November 21, 2017, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Strange. Mine now shows up like this:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version