ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Images pasted into onenote are half size

<< < (5/7) > >>

absoblogginlutely:
Thanks Ian - I'm running 1708 build 8431.2236 Click to Run which unfortunately is the Semi Annual channel.
Office updates states this is the latest version which I know is not right based on my experience and your post above ;-)

Setting to plain text and then RTF doesn't save the settings either. Frustrating when it worked for a couple of days and no longer working. I'll check on a couple of other machines in the office to see if they have the same problem.

IainB:
@absoblogginlutely: Been a bit tied up, but today got back on this problem.
Two relevant posts in a "dead" Google Group discussion.

* The first one is worth trying to see if it makes any difference (I had mentioned it above, but thought it probably unnecessary. I may have been wrong.)
* The second is still apparently alive (I haven't tried it, but Wayback would also have it anyway), but I don't know whether it could do the trick. Suggest you download the fix, check it for viruses, and, if it is OK, then run [email protected]   
18/06/2015
Hey Todd!
I've had the exact same issue as you had and i found the cause of the problem.

The problem lies within your Microsoft Office Setup!
1. Open File->Office options->advanced
2. Locate the section "Cut, copy, paste"
3. Make sure all "cut, copy, paste" settings are set to (Keep source formatting)

After I did this One Note no longer f#ck#d up formatting ;)

If you have continued to work with OneNote I have created a little addin that pastes rich-text into OneNote 2016 keeping the format:

https://github.com/SamuelOConnor/RichPaste

Let us know how you get on, please.

absoblogginlutely:
Bumping this thread with more info. I have snaggit installed on my machine too as it allows me to autonumber my bullet points as I click which Screenshot doesn't.
Interestingly I can screen clip the same screen to Snaggit and then paste into Onenote with no problems.
Windows Snipping tool has the same issue interestingly enough.

IainB:
@absoblogginlutely: Did you try the suggested fix for this as mentioned in the quote from Google Groups? What was the outcome?

absoblogginlutely:
Hi Ian - I missed the addin suggestion. Installed it just now and unfortunately nothing happens when I hit the paste button.
The option to always paste with formatting is not actually there.

Today I checked a paste from Screenshotcaptor and when I right click and choose paste, I only have paste as picture.
When I paste from Snagit I get the option to keep formatting, merge formatting or paste picture - the default to keep source formatting pastes in the normal image.

Is it the way the image is being copied into the clipboard?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version