ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

fortnite...

(1/2) > >>

Target:
<rant>
anyone playing fortnite?

gotta say this is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.  Learning curve is relatively simple but the reality is quite steep

It could be fun, but there's no soft point of entry to learn tactics and weapons.

After 70 matches I've only had 20 kills - I've had 6 top 10 finishes, and on most of them I've gotten to that point without having actually seen another player.  On at least 2 I've gotten to that point armed only with the most basic pistol or machine gun and a handful of bandages which seriously doesn't cut it when you eventually do see someone...ok, they pretty much always see me, not so much me seeing them

I really want to enjoy this game, but it seriously wants to make me smash something
</rant>

wraith808:
Link?

Target:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwis7q_m-8HXAhWBKZQKHc8YAwkQFggvMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.epicgames.com%2Ffortnite&usg=AOvVaw3sVdw4BdYM0gmGLSe9Ag0_

its a 'free' Moderately MOPG - there are 2 parts, the 'Battle Royale' is a 100 player deathmatch ala PUBG

Deozaan:
EDIT: I had this response written in a tab hours ago and apparently forgot to hit submit, and now there are replies which say some of the same stuff. :-[

You must be talking about Fortnite's new F2P Battle Royale mode (as opposed to the co-op survival campaign).

I don't play it. I'm not really into PvP stuff. But I've been hearing about Fortnite (the co-op version) from someone for a few months now. He really likes it. He also seems to like Battle Royale as well. But I think maybe he's also a fan of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG), which, as I understand it, has very similar gameplay elements to Battle Royale.

The co-op campaign looks pretty fun to me. But I've got a huge backlog of other games I'd rather play if I have time, and I've heard that even the co-op part is going F2P next year, so I'm holding out for that.

Target:
yep, thats the one.  It was probably a pointless post but I was just so frustrated I needed to vent a bit

Its quite a good game for if you're an FPS enthusiast, but as I said unless you're an expert out of the box it can be a hard grind (it can take longer to go through the staging process that it takes to get taken out, and having to do that over and over gets tedious...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version