ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need Video Doorbell Options

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
Understood... I've heard good things about the Ring devices (that's the one with the 6 month battery IIRC), and they will push the video to/through Alexa or dump it on an onboard SSD.

--- End quote ---

I thought all of the ring devices had to be hooked up to the power line.  I'll have to take another look!

--- End quote ---

We use Ring at our home. The doorbell camera comes in two versions. One uses the doorbell’s transformer power, the other is strictly battery powered.

It works with your existing doorbells and it’s been very reliable. Decent range of user selectable settings. Decent latency for a web type surveillance cam too. Has an optional swarm feature that allows you to receive updates about alerts issued by other Ring users in your area.

wraith808:
Understood... I've heard good things about the Ring devices (that's the one with the 6 month battery IIRC), and they will push the video to/through Alexa or dump it on an onboard SSD.

--- End quote ---

I thought all of the ring devices had to be hooked up to the power line.  I'll have to take another look!

--- End quote ---

We use Ring at our home. The doorbell camera comes in two versions. One uses the doorbell’s transformer power, the other is strictly battery powered.

It works with your existing doorbells and it’s been very reliable. Decent range of user selectable settings. Decent latency for a web type surveillance cam too. Has an optional swarm feature that allows you to receive updates about alerts issued by other Ring users in your area.
-40hz (May 09, 2019, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that info!  And good to see you around, stranger!  Hope to see you more, and that everything is going well with you!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version