ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 free upgrade loophole closing in December

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
There is still a way to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, but there won't be for long..

If you haven’t yet switched to Windows 10, either by upgrading your current PC or by buying a new one, it’s not too late to do so for free. That is if you’re reading this before the end of 2017, when Microsoft has decided to end free Windows 10 upgrades for good. So, you’d best act quickly…  Unfortunately for anyone yet to take advantage of the assistive technologies workaround, Microsoft has announced it’s ending the free upgrade offer on December 31, 2017...

--- End quote ---

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/upgrade-windows-10-free-quick/

exjoburger:
On New Years Eve I decided to make use of this upgrade on one of the two laptops I have in my household which can run Windows 10.

I still dislike Windows 10, that especially since Classic Shell is no longer being actively updated, and I can't justify the cost of the Pro Edition at home.

Well, I have 7 or so days to decide whether to return to Windows 7, and I'll probably do that. Maybe I'll revisit Windows 10 when it is finally rolled out at work. Oh well... :huh:

4wd:
Extended until January 16, 2018 ... you got a few more days to get it for free.

Microsoft link

exjoburger:
After 6 or 7 days I went back to Windows 7.
The aggravation level of Windows 10 was too high. Of course there were a whole lot of prompts:
“Why?” - I told them ;)
“maybe an update will help?” - No Thanks.

Eventually my laptop rebooted into Windows 7. Aaah :D

4wd:
Even though I'm using Win 10 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro was better.

More efficient than 7 but with less aggravating "we want to know everything you do, it's really our machine" than 10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version