ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When is a raven like a writing desk?

(1/2) > >>

Edvard:
Or more succinclty, when is a turtle like a rifle?

Researcher: ‘We Should Be Worried’ This Computer Thought a Turtle Was a Gun
By manipulating a few pixels in an image, you can trick a neural network—even one that's great at recognizing cats, and is trained on hundreds or thousands of images of felines—into thinking that it's looking at something completely different.

--- End quote ---

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/pa339b/how-to-fool-artificial-intelligence-one-pixel

from CodeProject News

Stoic Joker:
Or more succinclty, when is a turtle like a rifle? -Edvard (November 05, 2017, 04:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well the do both store all their energy in a shell.

Deozaan:
Maybe I missed it, but it seemed to me that neither the article nor the video explained what about the change caused the AI to see the turtle as a rifle. :huh:

Stoic Joker:
Maybe I missed it, but it seemed to me that neither the article nor the video explained what about the change caused the AI to see the turtle as a rifle. :huh:
-Deozaan (November 07, 2017, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Since we really don't know how extensively these systems are actually being used...there's probably a - security - reason for that being )intestinally) omitted. Kinda like when the Myth Busters demonstrated how high security biometrics could be fooled...without actually showing you how they could be fooled.

Either that or the hack is waiting on a patent application - You just can't tell these days...

Deozaan:
Could be.

I wasn't looking for exact steps to reproduce the outcome. I would have been satisfied with a generic answer, like "we made the entire thing have a woodgrain texture like the butt of a rifle instead of a natural shell texture" or something.

But maybe even that would have had too serious of security/patent risk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version