ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Show name of printer in popup box

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
Yeah it's my issue -- I worked on it a bit but stopped when it wasn't super easy, but I will still add it.

omegadoc:
Please once again consider SIMPLY showing the name of the active printer in the Print popup box, next to (above, below, or to the right of) "Print Setup."

This will prevent printing to the wrong printer!  Printing a simple screenshot to a large format color printer can be very costly!

Am I wasting my time repeatedly asking you to add this very simple yet very helpful tweak, for those of us who use your program all day and use multiple printers?

c.gingerich:
@omegadoc

No need to be so rude, the only thing people have been doing here is help fulfill your request.

Here is a quick app that will tell you the current printer, it should suffice until/IF he decides to add it. But, if you keep pestering I personally wouldn't add it just because.

Just run it and it will change the title of the print dialog to "Print - Current Printer: <current printer>" (see screen shot below).

Extract and run CurrentPrinter.exe

https://filedn.com/lx9UK6VkCuXBk4O2YliWIkY/CurrentPrinter.zip

Show name of printer in popup box

omegadoc:
Hey,

Thanks for the workaround!

I didn't intend to be rude...it's frustrating to waste expensive paper and toner.

I use this program all day and am very appreciative of it!

cranioscopical:
Am I wasting my time repeatedly asking you to add this very simple yet very helpful tweak, for those of us who use your program all day and use multiple printers?
-omegadoc (September 24, 2018, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Those of you who use the program all day should, perhaps, try to be a little more courteous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version