ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Show name of printer in popup box

(1/7) > >>

omegadoc:
I believe I had contacted you about this earlier.
I requested that the print image window have the name of the active printer on it.
I have printed to the wrong printer so many times since it remembers the previous printer.

Are you planning on showing the name of the active printer in the print image window?

Please let me know.  If not, is there a way to keep the default printer each time a capture is done?

If not, I will need to get another capture program that shows the printer, as much as I love yours.  Thanks.

mouser:
If I can display the active printer on the print preview dialog i will (that's what we're talking about right, the print preview dialog shown before printing?)

If not, is there a way to keep the default printer each time a capture is done?
--- End quote ---
Can you explain what you mean -- do you mean that you want to be able to change the printer used for the current print, but then have it revert to default printer for next time?

omegadoc:
Two things...
1.  Show the current printer in the print image window...this is the much preferred option!, or
2.  Have a preference to use the system default printer.  In this way, each time the system default printer will be used, and the user can change it by going to the print setup box if desired.
Of course, both would be optimal!  Thank you.

mouser:
Have a preference to use the system default printer.
--- End quote ---
Does it not already work this way?

Or are you saying that you occasionally change the system configured default printer, and SC does not change when that changes?

omegadoc:
No.  SC remembers the last printer used.  This is the entire basis of my inquiry.  Almost all of my printouts are with my default b&w laser printer, so that is what I would like to keep as default for your program.
If I print to my color laser, your program remembers it and prints to it next time unless I specifically change it back to my default printer in the print setup dialog box.

This is why I requested these two things...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version