ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Backup4all v.7 supports 37+ online backups (!)

(1/3) > >>

tomos:
I dont use Backup4all myself but was impressed by their claims for the newest version:

37 (and counting) Amazon S3 Compatible cloud destinations added (PRO only). There are multiple cloud storage providers that use Amazon S3’s infrastructure to store their clients’ data. Backup4all now supports more than 37 Amazon S3 Compatible cloud storage providers so if you have an account with them you can quickly configure it to store backups there. Here is the full list of providers added in Backup4all: Akaza, Aruba Cloud, Caringo, CenturyLink, Cisco, Claudian, Connectia, Constant, DDN, dinCloud, Dream Objects, Dunkel, T Cloud, Exoscale, Google Cloud Storage, Green Qloud, HGST, Hitachi, HostEurope, IDC Frontier, LeoNovus, Mandic, Minio, NetApp, NiftyClouds, Numergy, QNAP, Revera, Scality, Seeweb, SwiftStack, ThinkOn, Tiscali,  vCloud Air, Verizon, Walrus and Zettagrid. You can also use a custom S3 compatible server by entering the specific information.
--- End quote ---

http://blog.backup4all.com/2017/10/backup4all-7-released-new-cloud-backup-destinations/

Also I didnt know that about so many online backups using S3.

Note that Upgrade prices for Backup4all are hidden:
you have to paste in your key :down:

mwb1100:
Note that Upgrade prices for Backup4all are hidden:
you have to paste in your key :down:
-tomos (October 31, 2017, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a nondescript "Upgrade Prices" link at the bottom of the Upgrade page that lets you see prices without having to punch in a key.  I'd link directly to the price widget, but it's a Javascript thing that doesn't seem to work on its own.

It looks like the upgrade from any previous version of Backup4All Pro to v7 Pro is $21. But there are different prices depending on exactly what version/variant of B4A you're upgrading from and to.

Curt:
Note: You cannot use the old key any more after you upgrade to the latest version. -secure.backup4all
--- End quote ---

Upgrade price from previous version number has "always" been $21

Deozaan:
37 Backup Services all using S3 means there's really only 1 backup service: S3. :-\

tomos:
as said, I was surprised so many sites were using S3.

37 Backup Services all using S3 means there's really only 1 backup service: S3. :-\
-Deozaan (November 01, 2017, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

if what you imply -- that it's easy -- is the case, hopefully all other backup programmes will be offering this kind of support soon as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version