ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good bye Firefox

(1/5) > >>

dantheman:
Once upon a time...

There was a browser far superior to others.
Unequalled in tweakability (extensions, GUI etc.).
With Firefox 57, all the legacy extensions have "gracefully" been kicked out the door (or will be crippled in their new version).
Even basic options such as ctrl+shift+b to show/hide bookmarks toolbar have disappeared.

If it took more than 10 years to get a fast loading Firefox with increased webpage rendering,
how long will it take to get back some decent extensions to give back its initial splendor?

It was nice to have you as my default browser for over 13 years and more!

Thank you Mozilla for this great now defunct browser.

kalos:
oh, should I block the latest update then?

dantheman:
Some people go for an ESR version or go to Waterfox or even Palemoon.

For some reason, Waterfox is giving me a bunch of problems and won't sync with Mozilla.
Palemoon? Too many issues there too (worse than Waterfox imo).

Curt:
Some people go for an ESR version or go to Waterfox or even Palemoon.-dantheman (October 29, 2017, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have tried Waterfox several times. A couple of years ago I was very pleased with it, but this year I have always removed it again quite soon. At the moment I am running Firefox ESR 52.4.0 (64-bit), but it is not perfect; there are some problems with ajax or flash or whatever it is. But I am clinning to it because of the addons. I have no idea what's going on inside Mozilla's head, but it's not making sense to me.
 :(

Deozaan:
I recently switched to Vivaldi (Chrome-based) as my primary browser and I really like it. :Thmbsup:

But that doesn't really help you if you're looking for something you can keep your Firefox extensions with. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version